Monday, March 16, 2009

So, I'm finally ready to explain what I have been doing to lose some fat. If you look at the little weight loss list in the left column you will see that I have lost nearly 5 pounds over the past 2 weeks. previously I lost about 5 pounds over 2 MONTHS, so this is an improvement! I have also, over those same 2 weeks, lost over 2 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips.--which is nearly 2 sizes--I can wear some of my size 6 pants ( not the fours yet --but it's coming!)

**Big Caveat**
The following procedure is very controversial. I absolutely am not recommending this for everyone. period. I think it is a last resort for people who, for whatever reason, have found that a good controlled carb diet plus exercise has not been effective--like menopausal ladies or hormonally challenged folks, like me!

okay, that said:

I am using what is called the HCG protocol pioneered by a Dr. Simeon in the 60's and 70's, and recently brought to light and prominence by Kevin Trudeau ( whom I do not like BTW) in his book "Cures they don't want you to know about"

Basically the protocol is:
daily--take minute amounts of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin--(which is the pregnancy hormone; the one they test for in a pregnancy test) while following an extremely limited 500 calorie a day diet--no fat or carb just lean protein and low carb veggies plus 2 fruits.

The hormone gets into your fat stores and releases them, flooding your blood with fuel, so that you can stay at 500 calories without hunger.

people SAFELY lose up to 2 pounds a day. I have been averaging about a half pound a day.

you stay on this protocol for only 23 days then transition to a very low carb diet for several weeks then repeat the protocol if you have more weight to lose.

The hormone is administered by injection ( unless you have a Doctor's precscription it must be bought from overseas--which is expensive and illegal-- though a bunch of people are doing it)or by homeopathic drops, which is what I'm doing. THERE ARE NO REPORTED NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS FROM DOING THIS PROTOCOL!!! not even for men. and there are many incredible benefits. the theory is that it resets your hypothalamus and actually makes your body work BETTER after a course of treatment.

I am very, very happy with the results--though both Seymour and I were very skeptical to begin with--but I will say that it most emphatically has not been easy. at all.

I experienced a LOT of hunger the first few days, which was almost overwhelming. Once I finally figured out the right dosage, things have gotten easier. But, for the protocol to work, you absolutely cannot cheat. NOTHING out of the plan can pass your lips or a gain is very likely instead of a loss. Something to do with how the hormone effects your fat stores. again I would only recommend this to someone who has tried everything else to lose weight and can't seem to get it to budge. ( OPRAH?)

I any of this intrigues you I would recommend reading "Pounds and Inches , a new approach to obesity" by Dr Simeon, here --which basically explains it all. ( this link takes you to a site that sells the "stuff" . The manuscript link is at the top right corner of the homepage.--it's a download)



Please don't flood me with comments implying criticism--I researched this VERY thoroughly before I chose to do it, and it was the right choice for me. I am sharing this in case someone who reads this blog might find it useful.

Also, I'd be happy to answer any well meant questions, if you are genuinely interested in learning about this.

2 comments:

Serenity Rachel said...

Interesting idea and one that I've never heard of. Glad its working for you. So, 10 more days on this regimen?

Deborah said...

yeah, exactly.

then you have to be very vigilant about no sugars and starches for about 3 weeks, though with a normal amount of food and fat. after that you can be a little more lax, though IMO one should never try to revert to the standard american diet of starch and sugar. that's where the trouble all starts! LOL

I will probably do another round after a few weeks off, though we shall see.