Thursday, September 11, 2008

GARDEN STUFF

So..this summer has been All About the garden- landscaping and planting etc etc. (more to come on all that) but wanted to show a bit of the fruits of my labor. This was the harvest yesterday. That is a BIG pile of Swiss Chard. Luckily it is one of my favorites...just steamed up and served with lots of butter and a dash of vinegar--like ambrosia to me! its also fabulous in a quiche. which is what I'm making for dinner today!




Patience came over with Bailey and Lennon and brought me another bucket of peaches from her tree--so that had to be dealt with immediately as they were dead ripe.



That's seven jars of peaches and some peach/plum jam--all sweetened with splenda instead of sugar of course. In total now I have 14 quarts of peaches from Pace's tree and 6 pints from my tree, plus the jam. That should be enough to last the winter I think!

1 comment:

CALEB MEURER said...

Hi Mom,

Nice looking blog! I'll try to get around to doing one myself. But don't hold your breath.

Could you put up links to Kylee's and Gusti's blogs? I didn't even know they had them.

Congrats on the garden haul. Our tomatoes have done well and we got a couple of nice squash. We also got tons of nice basil but everything else tanked. Still, not bad for our first garden.

Talk to you soon!

Caleb