Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sooooo...I'm not getting the house after all. The day before I was to sign the lease and they wer taking the house off the market, sombody else put a contract on it--that looks good . the owner really did wnat to sell it; though she was being very nice to work with me--she really did NEED to sell it if she could.

I was pretty torn up at first but now I'm okay with it. Seems like it just wasn't meant to be.

So, I changed my job search area--since I wouldn't be living part time an hour away from the Dome--and found my Dream Job 3 minutes from my house. I'm working as a framer at Hobby Lobby. Two days in--I LOVE IT. I had always thought this job would be a good fit, aaannnd...I was right! I love it. I get to be artsy helping people pick out matts and frames, and then craftsy assembling it all and getting to use POWER TOOLS! It's a very busy shop so there is some stress but I kinda like that too. And I love talking to absolute atrangers so... like I said--it's pretty much my dream job!

On other fronts--My White Santa Artdoll won third place in a national contest. (there is a link to my doll site over on the left if you haven't seen them) I was a little disappointed in only getting thrid but the dolls this year were incredible. You can see all the winners here: PROSCULPT ART DOLL CONTEST WINNERS


and now--"Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go"

2 comments:

Serenity Rachel said...

Very Cool! Third place is awesome. How many entries were there? Bummer about the house, though. Congrats on the job. Is is full time or part time?

Kylee said...

Sorry about not getting the house. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. That's great about the doll contest though. Be proud to have placed with that competition!