Sunday, July 12, 2009

Food

happy to report that the food garden is doing very well, than you very much ! I picked over a quart of raspberries this morning--and will have at least that many tomorrow or the next day. And tons more just coming along. Too bad we love to eat them fresh so much, that quart will be GONE by this evening--I would have to be the fruit nazi to save up enough to make Jam!

I had 5 meals of broccoli and more today as well. The zucchini has baby fruits--so another couple of days for fresh zucchini. The corn is over my head and the pumpkins are vine-ing. A few baby tomatoes are starting to show up--though the tomatoes got hammered by a serious hail storm a bit ago and that really set them back. the other plants didn't seem to be as damaged as the tomatoes were.

two new things that I tried-- rutabagas and eggplant. the rutabagas look good but the eggplant: not so much, and the peppers don't look great either. I wonder if it is Ph or if we jsut haven't had enough really hot days--it has been seriously cold a LOT this year. the rain has been great ( for the plants and our water bill!LOL) but I could do without the overcast cold days.

Other big news--I'm trying to buy a house--as an investment property. Its a cute, tiny victorian in a small town not far outside Denver. I've been wanting to get into real estate investing for a while and when I saw this property I knew it was the one I wanted to start with. Not the best time for me, for Seymour and for the economy I know, but I really felt the push on this one. ALOT has to happen to make it work but I'm trying to put it together

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

jealous of all your fresh produce! i can't wait to garden like that : )
thanks for the update. how are rehearsals?