Sunday, January 18, 2009

4,3,2,1

Okay I'm bored with this--it's taken me too long to get through it and the pictures are all still hiding on Seymour's computer.

4 is all the nice Christmas music--I love the more classical stuff-- King's Singer's, Ancient old English carols. the only contemporary album/artist that i like is the Carpenter's Christmas Portrait. and MAYBE Bing Crosby. Sometimes. There is a fabulous classical Christmas music station on XM digital radio that we get with our satellite system. Love it.

3 movie premiers On Christmas day Seymour and I, Seth and my sister Stacey went out to Breakfast to the Jewish Deli Restaurant, Zaidy's (One of the few that was open) and had a great time. then we all went to THREE movies. we saw Benjamin Button--which we all loved, The Day the Earth Stood Still in IMAX, which was fun--but it's a pretty lousy movie. and Slumdog Millionaire--which everybody but ME loved. (I acknowledge that it is a well made movie--it just didn't do it for me--too much torture of children in it.) It was a fun way to spend the day since our big family celebration was still to come.

2: number of days I spent sick as a dog. some kind of stomach bug. kind of took some of the fun out of the holiday for me!!!!

1 TA DA--The family party. on the 28th--which happened to be the last day of Hanukkah--we
had all the kids and grandkids over for Roast beef and Latkes, Candle lighting and gift exchange.
6 grandkids opening presents is always pretty crazy--they are so cute. Then the adults do a round robin type exchange-which is always too polite for my taste--nobody steals much, which is what leads to the most laughter--which IMO is the point!!

We did all have fun.

somehow the holidays this year seemed to go on and on and --for the first tiime in my life--I was glad to have them done. I still haven't' com;completely recovered!!! LOL

No comments: