Thursday, October 2, 2008

Since I published a pic of some of my sculptures in progress, I thought maybe I should show you something a bit more finished. this Santa was the head on the left in the previous photo. he has no hands yet and he will eventually have elves and a sleigh.


Here is a full body shot and one with my hand so you can see the scale. I have such a good time doing these dolls, I almost feel guilty doing it!

For those who may not have seen my work before--the faces and hands , and anything that is "skin" is sculpted from translucent polymer clay. The body is a soft body over a pose-able wire armature.

I design and sew the costume and make the boots--real leather--and any additional details and accessories--whatever is needed to complete the vignette.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Beautiful job on the bedroom. The color green is about the same one I have in my living room - also accented with the dark red. I love it! The Santa is amazing too. Here in Germany that type of "Santa" is actually I believe what we call "Father Christmas" in English. They are skinny and tall instead of short and stout. Really cool.