Thursday, October 23, 2008

o-KAY Reni--just for you! I promise its pretty boring!
we have pretty leaves!


then there is the saga of the " Ugly Pilgrim" seen here to your left.

Last year I bought this guy at Hobby Lobby for about a dollar--he was on clearance for 90% off or something and he is was the only one left--no matching lady or Indian. Everybody thought he was hilarious and he was dubbed the "Ugly Pilgrim". (Well, he IS kinda ugly, LOL.) And I determined that he is now an essential part of Thanksgiving--Kinda like the "Ugly Turkey Plate" (which Patience now has BTW)

I've been on the lookout since the season started this year, hoping I would find a matching Pilgrim-ess, but until yesterday no luck. I was afraid he would have to remain a bachelor forever.


So...... yesterday I FOUND her--and on sale too!


She isn't nearly as Ugly as he..he is so gray looking compared to her. Kate remarked that at least the Ugly Pilgrim had a hot wife! So I guess I can't call them the "Ugly Pilgrims". They will remain "The Ugly Pilgrim and his Wife" ( or maybe she's his daughter--or as Seymour just commented: Perhaps she's his mistress?--Hester Prynn maybe?)



It really doesn't seem possible that it has been two weeks since I updated, but I've been really busy--with the house of course--I told you already that's pretty much all I do! I haven't blogged about the projects yet cause nothing is finished . LOL we did get Kate's new room painted but it is still a mess. so photos as soon as she gets it all cleaned up.

Other incidental projects are also pending--got the top of the balcony railing finished and trimmed. Those of you who know the house know that is has been open drywall and unfinished wood. It is now topped and trimmed in white.

Seymour said he had planned to finish it in oak--but I figure he had his chance--20 years!!!! Now its my turn! I'll get some pictures up soon I promise.

Also ( Ashley if you are reading this, sit down. ) The WINDOW by the wood burning stove is getting put in and FINISHED!!!!! OMG.!!!!!!!!!

so anyway I've been waiting to post till I got everything done, but, well... you got some silliness too. Thank Reni!

1 comment:

Serenity Rachel said...

Funny. I always liked the Ugly Turkey Plate. In fact, last year I bought a turkey platter, though I don't think mine's ugly to use just for the holidays as a family tradition. It sits on a small shelf displayed above the kitchen sink. You'll see it when you come.