Sunday, September 28, 2008

I had the most extraordinary experience yesterday--I hardly know how to begin to share it.


The day began with an audition (always a bit of an ordeal emotionally) for "Wit", a play I would really really love to do. audition went fine. I felt that I read well ( made them laugh a couple of times) but got no clues from the director --as per usual--so.... just waiting to hear on that.

THEN, I didn't want to go home yet, as I was still petty wired from the audition, so went looking for a coffee shop or something near by. I invited Seymour to join me, but he had an appointment so would try to meet me, but later rather than sooner, so I was on my own.

I ended up at the Denver art museum complex, only a couple of blocks away from the theatre, and chose to treat myself to lunch in the rather upscale, very pretty restaurant in the museum.

As I was ordering, the hostess seated another solitary woman nearby.

I have always wanted to be the sort of person who would invite a stranger to share my table, but I've never had the guts to do it, (always second guessing and concerned about looking foolish or WHATEVER!) but this time--maybe the audition made me brave--I just did it.

The woman, rather delightedly I thought, accepted my invitation--actually, she asked me to join HER as her table had a more picturesque position--and we were off.

I met the most fabulous woman! I don't think I've ever met someone with whom I had more in common. She is from Sante Fe, and was only in town for the weekend. She teaches art for the Waldorf schools, recently got into sculpting, has 5 children ( would have had more but started late) has a very metaphysical philosophy of life--and a delightful personality. we are , of course, planning to keep in touch!

Like Reni mentioned in her blog--it is so wonderful to find a new friend! and what a dramatic way to find one!

Seymour showed up at the end and met her , her name is Chris, and of all things, had his camera along so we have PICTURES! what a riot!
This one was taken just outside the museum



This one was just after we realized we had nearly identical sunglasses--and hairdos!!


So, a day I was rather dreading--I'm not having much fun with auditions lately--turned into one of the best days ever.

Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

As you see I am an avid reader of your blog now! Super cool about the new friend. Very European to just actually sit down at a table with someone, asking of course first if it's ok. WTG Deb. I went back to see if you answered my comment. Thanks. I see I need to keep searching for ingredients here. Reni and I looked for almond flour last year - but no luck.