Friday, May 28, 2010

Hobby Lobby Joy

I am very pleased to report that I received full time status at Hobby Lobby yesterday-this means a raise from $8  to $11 an hour PLUS benefits--like insurance options and paid vacation.  I have a real job for the first time in...maybe..EVER! LOL.
this is awesome news because I have been working my tuchas off  getting the frame shop in good working order and somebody noticed..How often does THAT happen???

The real benefit is that I love my job-- artsy, craftsy, plus power tools!!!!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

That is so cool! Congrats! After watching the process at work I think I am interested in leaning to frame. Need to do some research. I don't know how often you pin needlework but I have a tip for you. When you have to iron and are not sure about colorfastness use Magic Sizing. Works a treat plus gives the piece some stability. How did the piece you called about turn out?

Deborah said...

the piece turned out great. thanks--I pin about once a week--and here is the kicker--we don't iron or block or anything--how the person brings it in is how it gets pinned!!! I have sent pieces home--told the person to get the piece cleaned blocked and pressed--but sometimes they don't care!!!

Carol said...

that explains a lot. I couldn't imagine working with some of the pieces we get that have hoop circles and such without even ironing them. We wash the really dirty ones and iron everything. I mentioned once at a Hobby Lobby that I pinned my own things and she asked if I wanted a job. Told her no, little did I know what was down the road! Did my first really big piece yesterday and didn't do badly. Guess I'm getting better at it!

Annie Leavitt said...

too cool!

i'm thinking about framing some stuff here. any good diy links?