Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas/Channukah is finally down and tucked away for another year. (Always a little bittersweet for me--I do love the Holiday season so much. ) but whew!!!--- I don't know how my mom did it--that tree was GONE the day after New Year's every year!

Now I can get on with getting back to proper eating--This year the focus is more Paleo than ever before--instead of just low carb--so no Wheat or gluten grains at all, no sugar, very limited fruit and I'm trying to find better sources for cream and cheeses ( ie grassfed, non pasturized-- since I am never giving up dairy.!!!!!) In order to stay on track I like to read everyday from some of the really fine Paleo/primal blogs out there. It keeps me motivated. My current new favorite is PaNu by Kurt Harris M.D. He really get is right IMHO, writes extremely well and covers a wide varity of topics. its a great site! Others that I read frequently are listed in the blog roll over on the left. The FatHead site is particularly entertaining as well!

Luckily I did NOT gain any this year--even though I ate all the bad/good stuff from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I'm theorizing that my thyroid dosage is finally g correct AND I think my Vitamin D status has improved sith the supplementing I'm doing--Vitamin D is supposed to help with insulin resistance and sensitivity to carbs so maybe that why I didn't gain 20 pounds like I did last year.

I've been supplementing Vitamin D3 gel caps at about 5,000mgs a day since about April of last year.

Here is a really good link to one very cogent article on Vitamin D ( from the above mentioned PaNu site) and how it works. He has a BUNCH of further articles on D3 as well, if one is interested.

On the weight loss front--I still have about 10 pounds ( of the aforementioned twenty that i didn't lose last year ) 10 pounds a years seems to be my maximum so maybe I can get it off THIS year before the Holidays hit again--maybe if I am at my perfect weight I won't feel the command of the evil fudge and cookies so stongly and I won't have to re-dedicate myself to proper living NEXT Jan 1st 'cause I'll already be there!

I really really have be very strict to lose fat. I have the Triple whammy--small stature; HypoThyroid; and Post-Menopausal. The only thing that seems to work is The Drs Eades newest book " The 6 week cure for the middle aged middle" the second phase of their plan is a meat only diet ( nearly anyway; you can have SMALL servings of veg as well ) with no dairy

last year I lost about 5 pounds in 10 days. Then went off the plan and the Hols hit so......I'm easing into it. jsut getting off wheat and sugar while still having nuts and low carb goodies that I love--but I know I wont lose till I cut out the dairy and the nuts. not sure why those things prevent loss--whether it is just a calorie thing--so easy to overeat those things--or whethter there is some inflammation food sensitivity thing going on--but there it is and I (finally ) know what to do--just gearing up to DO it is hard!!!

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

good luck!

it is very inspiring how hard you work at being healthy. seems very rare these days.

oh, and in a few years you can come to our house and have goat cheese and goat milk and goat yogurt!!! i'm so excited!