Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Friday

I have been taking a bit of a break from blogging--'cause I've been playing HOURS of Scrabble online with Reni and Ginger. I LOVE scrabble. but have to stop and do something else. Like the dishes!

reporting in on my eat all you want weekend. Not a good idea. weight went up 3 pounds ( water only, I know) and stayed there 'til Thursday. I am down 1/2 pound this morning from my former low weight, but that set back is not good for morale!

The main culprit was the popcorn I ate at the movie on Saturday . I took Calvin out for his 9th Birthday-- a tradition that I do for all the kids here. I decided that from now on I'm going to take them to live theatre instead of a movie--they are finally old enough to enjoy that and there is the further benefit of no popcorn temptation!

Even though I seem to have to keep my calories very low to lose, I cannot sustain 800 cals a day. after 2 days I feel so deprived, I get a bit frantic looking for food, and then tend to over-do it. sooo....

I'm experimenting now with an intermittent cycle: one day of very low--800 or less with no added fat--and then a day with more diversity allowed--a low carb treat or cream in my tea etc. So far it seems better. On the very low days, if there is some food I think I really want, I tell myself I can have it tomorrow. And then I do! Even on the higher calorie days I've been able to stay under 1200 which is still pretty low. Now I feel less deprived so iIt will be more sustainable over the long haul. I'm really hoping to be back in my size 4 clothes by the end of April.

I always keep my carbs low. ( except for movie popcorn. LOL )I've been doing this so long that THAT part is easy.

No comments: