Friday, January 30, 2009

Fabulous Friday

weight: 134.5

I decided on Wednesday to try cutting calories severely and see what would happen. When I tried this before I got my thyroid checked and medicated it did nothing, so this was something of a test.

If low carb+low calorie didn't shift anything then I could be pretty sure there was a hormonal issue somewhere that would need attention.--but only 2 days of cutting back on the cheese and I'm down aapound to pound an a half! I was prepared to try for a week before giving it up but this is very heartening.

So the plan now is to stay with this for 2 weeks. then cycle up to a normal calorie load and then cycle back down if I still have weight to lose.

Eating plan:
Breakfast is a protein shake ( from Costco; yummy)30 gram protein, 2 carbs. 180 cals

Lunch and dinner are 3-4 oz of meat or fish and up two 2 cups veggies or salad. no added oil or butter--lemon juice or vinegar only.

3 snacks:- snack can be a portion of fruit--half a dozen berries or half an apple or orange--or five almonds or pecans. with some tea or water or coffee.

As much calorie free drink as you want water tea etc.--splenda is allowed.

this comes in at around 600 calories--maybe as high as 800. The idea is once you force your body to access the fat deposits, ( only possible if insulin is kept low with limited carbs)you don't feel hunger.

very restrictive , but there is a kind of freedom in not having to make too many decisions or choices. and two weeks shouldn't cause any major muscle loss or metabolic slowdown.

the biggest sacrifices for me are not having cream in my tea and having no cheese. I can do it for a while though.

I'm changing my weight training schedule as well. Once a week, while perfectly effective, isn't as much fun--I do love lifting. so I'm going to a Mon/Wed/ Fri schedule alternating upper and lower body. That gives about 5 days for recovery between body parts and lets me lift more often. HIIT on Tues/Thurs and weekends off.

No comments: